Friday 30 September 2011

Back in Action

I have been a very bad blogger. I haven't posted since Labor Day, and the month is already over. My excuse: I have been sick. I didn't recover from my mystery illness until today, pretty much. After being on 3 rounds of antibiotics, having several blood tests and throat swabs, trying Traditional Chinese Medicine, Brazilian Propolis, and Apple Cider Vinegar (all super nasty, but down the hatch they went), and popping a ridiculous amount of vitamins and echinacea, I finally came to a conclusion: It's allergies.
Traditional Chinese Medicine: Herbs to make putrid tea!

Of course, I wasn't sure, but there had to be some explanation as to why I was suffering throat pain, lethargy and swollen glands. All the blood tests came back normal (good news!) and I had stopped thinking it was Mono. So, I dug through my bathroom cupboard and found some old Benadryl. Took one, passed out, and woke up the next morning with considerably less throat pain! My constant, perennial, mild allergies, that I have had for the last 10 years were not allowing my throat to heal! I continued with the Benadryl over a few days to ensure that I wasn't simply reaping the benefits of the placebo effect, and then made an appointment with my Dr.

Of course, I didn't just come to this conclusion myself. The internet helped. Once I thought that it could be caused by allergic complications, I immediately turned to cyberspace to provide me the answers to my many questions: Can post nasal drip cause throat irritation? Can allergies cause your lymph nodes in your neck to swell?  Can this constant infection cause exhaustion? Yes, yes, and Yes! I was so relieved, especially since my frequent visits to health forums in the past two months had so far done nothing but convince me I could have Cancer, or some sort of chronic virus!

Anyway, I was going to post about a new product that I like, but instead I decided to tell you about how I feel better. I am so happy. Health really is #1. Before money, before love, comes health. Health for you and the ones you love. Once you or someone you love loses their health, you will feel petty and silly for ever worrying about money for whining about work, or for letting silly disagreements bring you down.

I have still be reading your blogs, I just haven't been commenting as much because it would prompt you to visit my site, and I was embarrassed by the gross neglect that my blog has suffered. I was simply too busy pitying myself to write; I was negative, lazy, and completely uninspired. I have been on a high-calorie "I feel sorry for myself cuz I feel like ass, but still have my appetite at least" diet. Now I am getting back to normal, and I am excited to be back in blogging action!

Hope you are all well. I look forward to catching up and being a part of the blogger community again!


One more thing: A brave gal that I went to high school with is Running for the Cure, A cure for Breast Cancer, that is. I think there isn't a lot of time left to donate, but I was inspired to share this link since I am so thankful for my health, and really realize how important it is. She is a survivor at the age of 29, which is really an eye opener. It can affect the young as well. Please visit her page here and donate if you can. Thanks!

4 comments:

  1. Glad to hear you're feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you're feeling better.

    I think you are right - health really is no. 1. I always take my health for granted when I'm well, and it's not until I feel ill that I really realise how important it is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy you are feeling better! It is the worse thing being sick. Take care! Lot's of hugs and kisses!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really pleased you're feeling better and have some answers too. Take care :o)

    ReplyDelete